From:
Tom Dimock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1993 14:23:46 -0500
An interesting issue.  I've been acquiring pipework for a while, and my
rule of thumb is as follows.  Look up what an equivalent rank would be new.
 A used rank should usually go for some where between that and free.  No
kidding - the prices are all over the map.  I have been given ranks for
taking them away, I bought a reed oboe rank along with a Spencer blower and
all of the stuff that I could get out of the chambers that evening
(including some otherwise useless chests with about 800 Riesner direct
electric valves) for $50.00, and I've seen ranks offered for more than the
new replacement price.  My suggestion would be to put together a list of
what you'd like, put the word out on the grapevine (this forum would be a
great place to start) and wait.
--
Tom Dimock   ---  [log in to unmask]
"There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader." - M. Ghandi