From:
Geoffrey A Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 07:55:03 EST
>NAMM
>----
>The National Association of Music Merchants just concluded their
>California trade show. I wanted to go, but had a prior commitment. I
>have heard of a couple of things that might be of interest to some
>of you:
>Dave

At this trade show, Galanti introduced its two newest instruments, the
Chronicler I and the Angelus.  Each of these instruments is a two manual
organ with MIDI in, out and through capabilities.  They each have built
in sequencers, on-board floppy disk drives, the capability to voice each
stop on the organ in many ways, the use of an interactive programmer for
modifications, the ability to play back on or several tracks from the
sequencer and record a single or multiple tracks, four different overall
voicings for the organ that can be stored in memory, and this just names
a few.  Besides all of these amazing features, which as other people have
mentioned make listening to yourself play (as painful as it can be) much
easier.  You can simply playback with the Interactive Programmer and head
out into the room to hear the true blend and feel of the registrations as
heard throughout the room.  We have several installations that also play
pipes from the Galanti consoles.  An added feature that is unique to the
electronic market is one that automatically tunes the electronic pitches to
the pipes (and in New England, this is a great feature!).  Finally, the
most outstanding thing of all is that the actual pipe sounds stored in memory,
which were recorded on-site at some of the finest pipe organs in the world,
thus act like pipe sounds.  You hear the variation in chiff, or opening of
the pipe, as they change from the low end of the keyboard to the high.  The
benefits of digital sampling are truly heard by the ear.  Just thought I
would throw out a few notes about how technology is effecting our product
line.  Thanks.

Geoffrey Greene
Organist & Choirmaster - Church of the Transfiguration, Cranston, RI
Representative, Ahlborn-Galanti Organs and Nicholoson & Co.