From:
"Edward L. Stauff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 21:45:38 EST
Jeffrey Trimble asked about score editors for the IBM PC.  I have been using
Finale for about two years now, and have been generally pretty pleased with
it.  It's pricey, but you pretty much have to spend several hundred dollars
to get a score editor that doesn't have a bunch of stupid limitations.  I
did a lot of research before buying.  I'd be happy to provide more info via
e-mail, so I don't clog up the list.

The largest organ in Nashua is a residence organ.  I don't have the owner's
permission (I haven't asked him) to give specific details about who and
where.  It is an orchestral instrument that has been pieced together over many
years.  I think he currently has between 50 and 60 ranks playing, including
lots of tasty things like french horns, tubas, harmonic flutes, and so forth.
He has a beautiful 4-manual drawknob console.  The pipework is mostly in the
basement (and it's not a large house!), playing through a grille in the floor,
with the choir in the garage.  Four divisions are separately enclosed.

Edward L. Stauff, Nashua NH; [log in to unmask] *or* uunet!mv.com!gozer!stauff!ed
        "Specialization is for insects." -- Lazarus Long