From:
GABE RACZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 17:20:25 -0500
I'm also curious about the use of the d minor chord while tuning strings.
What's even more interesting is that a cello teacher once told me to play a d
major chord if the player is flat, and a d minor chord if the player is sharp.
I think it may have to do with the particular way in which the piano is tuned,
but I'm not sure.

Gabe

__
Gabe Racz
[log in to unmask]         Musicologist, Pianist, Harpsichordist,
[log in to unmask]        and PROUD Shawmist (or is that Shawmer?)

"I won't believe it's not butter!"