Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 15:35:07 -0500
Hm..... That query about existing residence organs didn't result
in too many responses.  Perhaps I should have phrased it to ask about
"wish" residence organs: if you were designing one, what would
you include.  Even given the very wide range of variables such as
available space, available money, existing parts on-hand, preferred
literature, and phase of the moon, there must be a few common elements.
(Ok, perhaps the theatre/classical differentiation cannot be combined
in a single instrument!)

I am begining to think about planning for a small residence organ,
and I'd be very interested in hearing other folks' ideas, especially
from folks with practical experience as organists.  It would
seem important to have as much flexibility as possible in a small
instrument, and there must be some good ideas out there.  Personally,
I can't think of anything "organic" that I don't like,
and so all ideas would be appreciated.

So, what would you like to have in a residence organ?  What would you
not include?  Thankx in advance!
Larry Chace ([log in to unmask])