From:
Pete Gifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1993 10:25:43 GMT
The local church I attend has a small electro-pneumatic pipe organ.
Someone told me it is an old theatre organ rebuilt for church use.
Having played the occasional service there, I have always had an interest
in the instrument, but now I've heard that they will be pumping money
into it.  First a new pedal board (I may be getting the old one!) and
then a new console.  Later on, they plan to "fill out the chests" with
new pipes.

The console has only the name of a local rebuilder - no original builder
name.  My brother-in-law, who knows his way around pipe organs, inside
and out, said it is a solid instrument, with some trackers still intact.
His recommendation was to make it mechanical again.  No chance of that.

How can I find out the original builder or at least if this is a theatre
organ.  I assume that the pitch might tell me, but I'm not sure.  The
organ was rebuilt in the 50's.  Don't know if it was rebuild from another
location to the church or and older version was rebuild in place.

Any thoughts or recommendation?
Pete Gifford           Postmaster - allegvm
Systems Manager          Bitnet: pgifford@allegvm
Allegheny College      Internet: [log in to unmask]
Meadville, PA 16335       Phone: (814) 332-2755