From:
Jeffrey Trimble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1993 16:01:24 EST
Yes, organ registration push some of my hot buttons too.  If you read
back in the decades of recent building history, it was Walter Holtkamp
Sr. that advocated his style of the "compact" console.  He felt that
too many organists were playing machines instead of a musical instrument,
and hence his tab-style consoles.

In a way, those consoles sure make the organist to feel like a pianist
in the feeling of performing music (read: making great music) and
not flying some jumbo-jet to the moon!

Jeffrey Trimble
Cataloging/Authorities Librarian       "I'm not going to the revolution,
West Virginia University                  lest there be dancing..."
JTRIMBL@WVNVM (Bitnet)
[log in to unmask] (Internet)
(304)293-4060