Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 12:49:37 PST
>  I am interested in building a Skinner-style console with a solid-state
>  electronic combination system.  Is there any company or organization that
>  might be able to sell me plans for such a project?
>
>  Can someone suggest U.S. suppliers that would be able to supply drawknobs,
>  keyboards, and the solid state electronics?
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Dave Engelsma
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luv your login handle !

You will likely need to do to different suppliers for the components.
The only folk who build solid state control systems dont sell console plans
or even prebuilt for that matter.
Keys drawknobs and the like are easy to find
If the only electronics you need are solid state capture, you can cheaply
design and build your own!
DOnt laugh folks, but Comodore VIC-20 turn up at garage sales for $10 !
They make a great industrial controller with all the stuff built into it
for games etc.  The game slot and the peripheral slot give great access
to the internal bus of the machine.

But for capture nothing beats good old TTL shift registers and static RAM with
a gel cell for backup memory  power.  TTL is pretty robust, easy to service,
although it does eat somer power....

-texx

Robert "Texx" Woodworth

Wurlitzer Opus #1024