Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1993 17:31:23 PST
>  Hi organNet:
>
>  Why does the listserver identify Robert 'Texx' Woodworth as just
>  Texx? Would everyone be satisfied if he were shown this way?  Does
>  anyone know what mechanism the listserver uses to identify correspondents?

It likely identifies me as "texx" because that is the way I WANT to be known!
                                                            ^^^^
Please, I implore you, dont !@#$%^& with it !

Robert is NOT who I am !  He died long ago along with "Bobby Disceaux" !
(Long story on that name, not apropriate for this group)

Geez! You guys got a problem with nicknames that get permanent?

Remember "DUKE" Wellington of NORCAL ?
He wasn`t really "Duke" but rather"Frank" but he preferred "Duke".
We in NORCAL honored his request.
(He's fine, by the way although he has lost his sight.)

Dale Mendenhal of Sierra ATOS goes by his nick of "Dale" as opposed to
"Warren".

I have chosen to do the same as these other upstanding folks
in the organ world.  I have simply chosen a single word without a lastname.
I see nothing wrong with that, after all the post office and the phone co
don't.

Now lets get back to IMPORTANT things like finding Dave a set of
resonators for his diaphone chest!  Anyone got any ideas to help him ?

By the way, Dave, where you gonna install those things after you
get `em ? (heh!)

Judd Walton at one time, had a book tracing the whereabouts of all the
Wurlitzers, (or something like that).  I know of one error in the last
edition!

But more importantly, is there anyone interested in helping me get the data
onto online storage media, and then adding on to it?

I envision making it available in acsii form and adding some scripts to
digestify it into a few of the more popular database forms.

It would come out in media swallowable by UNIX VMS DOS and MAC.  Later
editions could include other operating system disk & tape formats.

Most of this is a piece of cake, but the hard part is all the hand entry
from hard copy.  Any volunteers?

-texx

Robert "Texx" Woodworth

Wurlitzer Opus #1024