HPSCHD-L  March 2018

HPSCHD-L March 2018

Re: OT or not OT - life for the ageing harpsichord lover

Ray Lurie <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 31 Mar 2018 22:27:47 +0000

In accordance with the criteria listed by Douglas Amrine, I'd say you could do a lot worse than New Haven, CT.  A community with musical events (mostly free) nearly every third day; a music school; 2 orchestras; the Yale Collection of Musical Instruments (with one of the preeminent collections of early keyboard instruments in the US), which has around 8 early music concerts a year; the Yale Camerata and other several other early music groups with frequent free concerts; a great restaurant scene; 2 professional theaters and lots of amateur productions; all within reach of festivals at Norfolk and Tanglewood, and the centers of New York and Boston.
Hey, maybe it's not so bad here after all!
Ray Lurie