From:
"David G. Schutt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1993 10:24:27 PST

> Does anyone on the list have experience constructing a horseshoe
> console or plans for one?  I might want to think about considering
> making a compact 3m with a curved stop rail for my residence organ.
> How about experience building wooden reed pipes?  I'd like to make
> a 16' octave for an old Skinner Flugel Horn.  Yes, that is a crazy idea,
> but maybe someone has already given it a try.  I've built a few

I wish I had plans for one, does that count? Actually, I have some
plans that were reproduced from old Robert Morton shop drawings, but they
are far, far from complete plans for a console.

Kenny Crome in Reno has been building Wurlitzer and Robert Morton consoles,
but I doubt that he is making his plans available for home builders. Kenny's
phone number is (702) 852-1080.

Rich Menacho (707-468-5927) has built Wurlitzer replica consoles. Rich's
father built the Wurlitzer replica consoles for Devtronix. In fact, you
might call Ray DeVault (916-971-9074) to purchase plans for his 'Paramount'
small-scale Wurlitzer replica console.

I just heard that there is a company in Johnson City, Tennessee, that
builds replica consoles for anything--even including a replica of the
Mormon Tabernacle console!

I have a Wurlitzer metal diaphone chest that I need resonators for. I've
been thinking about having the Jerome Meyer company make them, but I haven't
a clue about what they would cost.

Dave