From:
"David G. Schutt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1993 10:39:40 PST
Hi OrganNet:
Laura J Silva wrote:

>           I have also noticed that many of the messages deal with
>           organ building, MIDI interfaces, and theater organ.  Does
>           anyone know if there are any women organ builders:  i.e.

I don't know about ownership, but Jack Bethards company (Schoenstein in
San Francisco) employs at least one woman: Delores Rhoads. A most remark-
able woman--she works in the shop and goes on maintenance/tuning calls.
Her husband, Bob Rhoads, is the factory superintendant. They have two
children, Rob and Ruth. Schoenstein is on a 4-day, 10-hour/day schedule
so that have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Delores is an organist, too.

Dave