From:
Steve Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 18:28:36 -0700
> A clavichord has some of the qualities of a piano; normally
> double strung (and sometimes triple in the bass)

Gee, I've only seen one clavichord that my dad built.  It is a Zuckerman,
built 25 years ago.  There is one string per key, and the left side of
each string has a damping cloth weaved through the strings (so that side
won't speak).  I didn't know that there were clavichords with multiple
strings per key.

> I seem to do a complete tuning on my (rented out) big clavichord
> every couple of months; in between times things get touched up.

I wish I could rent one.  Seems like an unusual instrument to find for rent!

Does anybody know a place in the Seattle area where you can buy or rent
harpsichords/clavichords?

> Hope that helps. What clavichord do you have?

Don't have one, just wishful thinking at this stage ...

===== From: Steve Fox  [log in to unmask]  Kirkland, WA =====