From:
"David G. Schutt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1993 00:26:10 PDT
Hi OrganNet:

John Apple writes:
> Lynnwood Farnam made organ rolls possibly for an Austin player organ and
> were released on LP in the 1960s.

If these are the rolls I am thinking of, they were from the Welte roll
library. Approximately 1951, Mervin Fulton in Tulare, California acquired
all the Welte master rolls and machinery from the W W Kimball company. It
consumed an entire boxcar full of stuff.

Mervin's idea was to build an organ that matched the specification of the
original Welte recording organ. He did this, and recorded about six LPs
of the choicest rolls. The recordings are out-of-print now. I don't know
how many copies Mervin made, but I don't think it was a very big seller in
the 1960s.

Subsequently, Mervin dismantled and sold the organ and the player inventory.
Perhaps these things were sold to the outfit that George Horwath mentions
who made CDs of some of the Welte rolls.

Bye,
Dave