From:
Manuel Op de Coul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 22:16:00 +0100
Justin,

Jos Aarts wrote:
> I'd like to inform you that Richard Egarr has recorded the complete
> keyboard music of Johann Jakob Froberger on the Dutch label Globe.
> He used the organ of the Catholic church of Cuyk (in Brabant, 10 miles
> from Nijmegen) and two harpsichords after Flemish and Italian originals.
> The music fills four double-CD's. : Globe 6022, Globe 6023, Globe 6024
> and Globe 6025.

Froberger's keyboard works were partly lost however.
A magazine advised what to do if the complete set is a little much of
the unknown; just begin with the first set. It contains the complete
'Libro Secondo': 6 toccata's, 6 fantasias, 6 canzonas and 6 suites.
This arrangement in the original assembly gives a more proper sense of
quality and proportions than a random coupling of highlights.

Manuel Op de Coul    [log in to unmask]