From:
Brad Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:23:21 -0500
I wrote:
> It breaks the *expectation* that
> the widest should be on F#-A#, B-D#, Ab-C, or Db-F (Lindley
> perpetually!).  Those four are classically the wolves, coming down from
> meantone.  Well, as you also know, there are also some of Neidhardt's
> and Sorge's published systems that do have E-G# as their widest major
> 3rd.

Clarification on this: I meant to say "Neidhardt's and Sorge's published
systems that do have E-G# wider than Ab-C."

That's where a crux of that matter is.  Having established the points
where C and E are, is the G#/Ab going to be higher than, exactly at, or
lower than the midpoint of the remaining distance?  There are some
Neidhardt examples of each type.

Carry on.

Brad Lehman