From:
"David G. Schutt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 20:30:45 PST
Hi OrganNet:

In the interest of securing more participation in this mailing list,
I have written letters to TAO, Diapason and Theatre Organ magazine
editors. Here is what they say:

Dear Theatre Organ Editor (a similar letter sent to The Diapason)

We have started a computerized mailing list for musical/techni-
cal/historical matters relating to classical/theater/electronic
organs and related subjects. This was announced through classified
ads in Theatre Organ and several other organ publications. As of
today, we have 88 correspondents worldwide. The number is growing
daily. We communicate over the Internet and/or BITNET systems.
Individuals who have access to those networks can communicate with
the mailing list without additional charge. One of our correspon-
dents attended the M ller auction, and we had a great deal of
interesting news about it the next day!

I thought that you might find this of general interest for your
readers. You can obtain additional information by contacting me at
my Internet email address:

Dear American Organist Editor:

IUm enclosing a check for $40 to cover a one yearUs subscription. I
know it is unusual to write to the editor about such mundane mat-
ters, but IUm tired of looking at secondhand copies of The American
Organist. Your interesting magazine has become high-priority
reading lately, and I thought you and your readers might want to
know why.

We have started a computerized mailing list for musical/techni-
cal/historical matters relating to classical/theater/electronic
organs and related subjects. This was announced through classified
ads in several organ publications. By far, the greatest response
came from the ad that appeared in TAO. As of today, we have 88
correspondents worldwide. The number is growing daily. We communi-
cate over the Internet and/or BITNET systems. Individuals who have
access to those networks can communicate with the mailing list
without additional charge. One of our correspondents attended the
M ller auction, and we had a great deal of interesting news about
it the next day! We even have a contributing editor for The Diapa-
son  who is on our mailing list.

That brings me to the overwhelming reason why I must subscribe to
TAO without further delay. Many of our mailing list subscribers are
prominent in the organ world and are featured on the pages of your
magazine. Since we are some kind of an electronic family, I believe
it is important for me to keep informed of our activities on the
printed page as well as in the computer world.

For those who want more information, you can send email to me at
the following Internet address:   [log in to unmask]

Dave