From:
Robert Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 20:28:51 -0800
Dp Horn writres:

> I'm curious  --  has anyone out there experimented with performing Bach on
> fortepiano?  What do you think of the results, and/or of Badura-Skoda's
> assertions?  (I had a brief exchange with Varda on a similar topic;  she's
> skeptical.)

I was practicing on one of Malcolm Bilson's fortepianos last February
(EWastman, as yet, doesn't own one) and played the 3-voice ricercar.
Sounds lovely.  I don't know Badura-Skoda's book (or rather, I haven't
read it all), but why _nt _not_ do Bach on fortepiano, esp. the later
things?

Rob Haskins
Eastman School of Music