From:
Pete Gifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1993 09:56:20 GMT
Last Wednesday, I offered to help move our church piano back to it's
normal location after being used in the service the previous Sunday.
The senior choir director mentioned that any time they want to use the
bells with an anthem, they must use the piano because the organ is an
old theatre organ and is pitched lower and A-440.

Any idea how I can find out if this is true?  (the theatre organ part)
It is a rather bland little organ which was rebuilt in the 50s.  My
brother-in-law, who had a chance to play it, said it could easily be
rebuilt to mechanical action since many of the trackers are still there.

Comments? Ideas?

btw, this organ is in Trinity Lutheran Church in Meadville, PA if someone
wants to look it up the this Domesday Book of Organs which has been
discussed here.   I'd be interested to hear if it is listed.
Pete Gifford
Systems Manager          Bitnet: pgifford@allegvm
Allegheny College      Internet: [log in to unmask]
Meadville, PA 16335       Phone: (814) 332-2755