From:
Tom Dimock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 10:13:45 EST
Tom Dimock   ([log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask])

Born: 1948
Address: 270 Thomas Road, Ithaca, New York  14850
Occupation: Technology Manager at Cornell University
Computers: Mac LC,  Mac SE (the SE is dedicated to the organ)
Organ: Basically a two manual Austin, with some original pipes
    and a lot of pipes from other sources.  Three ranks playing
    now, about fifteen eventually...
Piano: Steinway OR (minus the player action :-( ) plus a bunch
    of upright players.
Musical skills: essentially none.
Organ projects: the Austin is fitted up with a MIDI interface
    jointly designed and built by me and Larry Chace.  Eventually
    it will be built up into a homebrew theatre organ, with lots
    of percussion, the Steinway OR, etc.

Question: This organ became available at a price I could afford
    largely because the maintenance on it was getting to be too
    much for the church it was in.  In particular, it had been
    redone in Perflex in the early 70's.  As a player piano
    restorer, I have the skills necessary to do all of the
    re-leathering.  The problem I have is getting the old Perflex
    off.  None of the tricks I use on player piano stuff seem to
    work - it won't sand or scrape off, heat doesn't help....
    Has anyone found a reasonable way to get this gook off???