From:
Dennis Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 14:26:24 -0600
Brad:
        You are tapping into an authentic sense of color, and that is
great.   This is really how instruments were tuned, and is what I encourage
also,  but I'm sure you would agree that for us this ability comes with a
good grounding of study in the formulas. Yet I would also defend that there
is nothing wrong with the theoretical models.   Owen tells us that this
color sense is lost, and to some degree I'm sure it is, but I believe that
we can rediscover it and compliment our 20th century scientific tempering
techniques with this tonal sensitivity.

Dennis Johnson