From:
"Michael D. Laird" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1993 17:24:25 EST
Here are a few thoughts I have about the recent controversy over
discussions of synthesizers and electronic organs:

 * I don't mind brief discussions of synthesizers, but I would prefer to
        keep this list centered around pipe and electronic organs.
 * I don't think all electronic organs should be written off as
        "toasters" and disparaged as they have been.
 * I think we should keep the focus of this group just as was stated in
        the listserver's description - discussions of organs, both
        classical and theater; pipe, reed, and electronic; all-electric,
        electro-pneumatic, and tracker.

Even though electronic organs leave much to be desired (some a lot more
than others), my first organ lessons were on an electronic organ, and I
_was_ able to learn a lot.  Without the electronic instruments I started
on, it would have been a lot harder for me to become interested in organs
and learn the organ myself.

-- Michael
Michael Laird                           "...Praise [the Lord] with stringed
Lockheed Sanders, Inc., Nashua, NH      instruments and organs."
[log in to unmask]              -- Psalm 150:4