From:
"David G. Schutt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 10:13:35 PST
Hi OrganNet:

Sunday, I attended a doo-de-doo that was instigated by San
Francisco's wonderful organist, Larry Vannucci. It was held at Bob
Hartzell's "barn" in Lodi. Bob has a 3m/15r Robert Morton theater
organ. A doo-de-doo is an informal buffet luncheon where about 20
of Bob's friends eat, play the organ and tell each other lies.
There were organ people there from Sacramento/Fresno/San
Francisco/San Jose. Some of them were very interested in the
OrganNet news about the Moller auction. I certainly appreciate
Larry Chace's firsthand reports about it.

As some of you know, an organ mailing list has been in existence
since about Sept/Oct, 1992. It wasn't as organized or elegant as
this listserver that Ben Chi set up, but I have been saving most
of the messages on my hard disk. If recent subscribers would be
interested in those old messages, I would be happy to summarize
them and remail them (and get them off my hard disk!) Let me know.

Along the same line, there are short autobiographical sketches
about some of the early correspondents on our informal mailing
list. I will post those so the new subscribers will have a little
personal information about some of us. Hopefully, it will
encourage others to tell the rest of us a little bit about your-
selves.

Dave