From:
"[pcusa]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 22:34:33 EST
Hello all:

> I know that no one will believe me, but when the volume was turned up,
> it sounded just like the Fox Theater! As I recall, the tremolo was a
> very healthy one.

I believe you, Dan, but I wish I couldn't!  I live just a short drive
away from both the fabulous Fox of St. Louis AND Wicks Organ Co. of
Highland, Illinois.  This is Wicks country, and those of us who are
forced to contend with them on a regular basis can vouch for the
similarities between an old unified Wurlitzer of the Fox type and
the Wicks unit models, at least in speech.

One Wicks exception is their Opus 1, a beautiful tracker installed
in the wonderful acoustic of Highland's stone-clad R. C. church.
Magnificent voicing with a clean, crisp speech and expressionate
action.  Very reminiscent of German organs of the Bosch type.