From:
Manuel Op de Coul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 17:51:00 +0100
Will Wu <[log in to unmask]> wrote to the PIPORG-L list:

> Congratulations on your new list. When I first saw the subject,  I
> thought it was a mailing list devoted to fans of John Cage's  "HPSCHD"!
> Hey, stranger lists have been formed!

I had the same thought because HPSCHD was recently performed in Holland,
on 3 and 4 April to be precise and later broadcast on radio.
The piece was written by John Cage and Lejaren Hiller (who died earlier
this year). It's for seven harpsichords and tapes in all equal temperaments
from 5 to 56 tones per octave. It's also on LP: Nonesuch LP H-71224.
If you go to Muziekcentrum De IJsbreker in Amsterdam you can get a
free HPSCHD poster!

Manuel Op de Coul    [log in to unmask]