From:
d a pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:30:34 -0500
Rebecca scripsit:

> Hey, hey wait a second, did it ever occur to any of you early music devotees
> that some of us also listen to, and even like music after 1900? No one
should
> ever be ashamed to admit that they enjoyed listening to Mahler, though I can
> think of performances other than Bernstein's that I would probably enjoy
more!

As more of a Mahler scholar than an expert in harpsichords, I find by now that
such comments roll right off my back!

Having got that off my chest (nice mix of metaphors!), I would mention here
that I find most French clavecin music considerably more boring than Mahler;
but that would probably be too much of an insult for the majority of the list,
so I will not do so!

david