From:
Alfred Berg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 11:07:03 -0800
I have been extremely pleased with an electronic tuner made by Widener
Engineering, in Austin Texas (203 Westbrook Drive, Austin, TX  78746).
Every imaginable temperament is available -  each is on a standard IBM
card - at modern or baroque pitch (the device allows further pitch
modification).  I bought mine a couple of years ago for around $120,
including my choice of more than a dozen temperaments (additional
available at $2 apiece).  Mr. Widener will custom-cut cards for you if
you can provide him information about the temperament with the cents
calculations.  Depending on the model that you buy, you can either match
the pitches by ear or use a built-in strobe.  The temperaments are
wonderful, and are a quick way to try them out without needing to master
the instructions in the reference books.

Alfred O. Berg, MD, MPH
Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Family Medicine
University of Washington