From:
"Owen J. Daly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:17:03 -0800
>Ok, I'll buy some newer files. Maybe I'm not so good at woodworking (in
>fact, I'm an hobbyist, though passionate).

It's a sad fact that files, like everything else in this life, do not last
forever. I go through a periodic binge of buying new files when I get
depressed.

An interesting sidelight. I was once at a local welding supply place that
has a really extensive selection of Nicholson files. I pulled one out of
the box, and immediately got yelled at by the shop clerk not to touch the
file with my bare fingers because the acidic finger oil would compromise
the cutting surface. Not entirely implausible, and at the very least I have
taken to avoiding much such contact on the scalpel blades I use for
voicing.

owen