From:
Joseph Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 17:30:47 -0800
Thanks for your reply.  The master tape I have is not of a Pleyel, but
an Eric Herz w/ 16', bells, whistles, etc.  In any case, how these
things sound in an acoustic environment is a different issue than a
recording, where one has total control of mic distance, etc.

One earlier career was as a harpsichord technician (25 years), during
which time I worked on a few Pleyels, notably Puyana's and Alice
Ehler's.  I'm pretty familiar with their strengths and weaknesses-  I
wonder how many people out there have experienced them, though.  They
now have their own historicity and authenticity, oddly.

Best,
Joseph Spencer
The Musical Offering
Classical Record Shop & Cafe