From:
Ellsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 10:34:23 -0600
The capstan screws I like, and referred to, are little ones, which Zuckermann
Hpschds used in the kits years ago before DJW got an attack of misguided
authenticity with respect to them.  I still think that for institutional
instruments and any others where the humidity etc are not controlled very well,
they make things lots easier.  The piano size ones are way too large to fit in
the space or in the ends of the little registers.  I have access to plenty of
the big ones since I'm also a piano tech and have all the catalogs. I don't
know where ZHI got the little ones, or where any of us could get them.
        Best, Margaret