From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:31:37 -0400
Although not wishing to encourage the xylophilia too much, I notice that
the list has retreated to a discussion of woods; specifically that Peter
Redstone wrote:

>The lightest hardwood I could find during a perfunctory perusal is balsa

I thought balsa was the stuff used for model airplanes.  Granted it is
light, but my memory of it is as rather soft and quite whittle-able (?)
with a blunt and rusty penknife.

Or is the definition of "hardwood" not as hard as I expect?

david