From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:10:41 -0400
Hi there Nathan!

We all read what you wrote to the harpsichord list.  Your comments were
right on the money, and I would like to apologise for what you encountered.

It was particularly unfortunate that you arrived in the middle of a pitched
battle which should never have taken place.

However, this kind of thing DOES happen, even in the best of circles from
time to time.

I would like you to know that among the nearly 400 members of the list,
there are some highly intelligent, kind, and well-informed people, from
whom I have learnt a lot.

The archives of the list go back to 1994, and if you would care to look
them up at http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/archives/hpschd-l.html you will,
I sure, find much that is of interest to you, and a more representative
selection of the type of topic discussed here.

I suggest that you return to the list and give it another chance for longer
than a day.  Possibly you would find the digest form easier to deal
with.  You are welcome to ask any questions which you may have about the
instruments which we love with a passion no less than yours for reed
organs, and I am sure that you will find help in getting the answers.  I
write as one who has a particular gift for asking stupid questions and who
has survived.

Sincerely,

david pickett