From:
"d. collins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 09:07:38 +0200
Joseph wrote:
>  Of course, if she plays
> >the Pavane, it might be a bit harsh...
>
>An excellent case in point, and not in the way the writer intends, I suspect.

Don't misunderstand me. I do think it should be played in some kind of
meantone. Some of the "thirds" do sound "harsh" (c#-e#), especially for
someone not used to such a tuning, but that's the way it should be. I don't
even think, to go back to the first message in this thread, it is
"irresponsible", as Kirk said, not to mention that such a tuning was used
for the recording.

Dennis