Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:18:40 -0600
James Bunch wrote:

 I find that the performances by the local community orchestras can be more
emotionally satisfying sometimes than professional ones.

Good point.  The local volunteer choir is set to churn through the Messiah this
Christmas (at a reconstructed Spanish mission), and previous performances have
been rather like Charlie Brown Christmas specials: kinda clunky, but
exhilarating nonetheless.  Let's not discount suspense:  I always cross my
fingers for the trumpeter!