From:
Michael Zapf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:26:31 EST
Apologies, if my question has been stated before (I would wonder if it
hadn't), but are there any meaningful written sources as to articulation,
interpretation, ornamentaion etc. of virginal music. Yes, I have all the
Fergusons, but that seems to be it, other authors (i.e. Hogwood's Melothesia
preface) by and large paraphrase Ferguson. In short - is there anything else
but Ferguson which is worth reading, even if it is highly speculative?
Michael