From:
"Owen J. Daly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 07:54:27 -0800
Daniel Lindholm generously summarizes Wulfstan's conclusions about those
single- and double-slash ornament signs in English virginalist music.

Please don't take time from this if it's inconvenient, but if anyone can
translate some of these descriptions into something more suitable for a
complete non-musicological idiot like yours truly, it would be most
appreciated. The gestures themselves in practice are probably familiar, but
the terminology eludes me. My own fault, but you can't do everything.

owen