From:
"Timothy S. Hall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:45:37 -0400
Kirk:
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  When I was in college,
"study score" referred to one of those half-size or smaller editions to use
for analysis class - not something that could be performed from.  These
don't seem to be like that, particularly given the "large, handy volumes"
comment, but I haven't seen them.  I have used Barenreiter for other things,
including the Bach gamba suites, and have been happy with the quality of
their work (although I was surprised that the English webpage is headed
"piano works.")  Others may have their own opinions, or more direct
experience of this particular edition.  I may buy a copy myself, unless
anyone knows why I should not.

Best,

Tim Hall