From:
RobForbes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 19:29:06 -0500
Since I'm neither a builder nor tuner nor performer, I just meant to sign
up here for moment, ask a couple of questions, get my answers and
unsubscribe.  But I'm finding this discussion of temperaments most
interesting.  I wonder if any of you would like to discuss the
relationship of different key signatures to different musical and
emotional effects.  I have long recognized that key was not arbitrary,
and that different keys were appropriate to different moods, but have
never understood how this worked, or why.  This discussion suggests to me
that temperament must play a role.

Would anyone care to enlighten me, in exceedingly simple-minded terms?

Thanks,

Rob

Robert P. Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
Department of History