From:
Don Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 14:56:44 -0800
> Although there are more and more recordings to purchase the last
> decade and my collection has grown considerable I'm still waiting
> for recordings of pieces by Johann Caspar Ferdinand Fischer
> (?-1746).

Trevor Pinnock's "Harmonious Blacksmith" collection on DG Archiv has
my favorite performance of the monumental Passacaille in dm from Fischer's
8th suite.  I imagine this was available in Europe - it's still in record
bins here in the States.  If buying a CD for one piece seems extravagant,
the disc also contains a wonderful version of K.380-381 by Domenico
Scarlatti, the Gavotte avec Seis Doubles (sp?) by Rameau, and, of course,
the Suite in E by Handel with the "Harmonious Blacksmith" variations, as
well as a few other pieces.

Don
Don Cameron    [log in to unmask]   | "My other car is a harpsichord."