From:
H Huestis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 21:36:43 -0700
Hi, folks

I am completely Hornswagled with the prospect of fixing Sperrhacke
jacks and tongues that have had delrin plectra glued into the old
leather slot (with leather still there.)

Jack Peters and Denn Cuil have both helped me with suggestions,
but when some idiot has glued delrin into the old leather slot at
the wrong angle, etc etc., I see little that can be done to fix
it.

Sure, a toothpick can be inserted under the delrin to push it up,
but that is so much bother and fussing that it would only make
sense for the owner to do it, not a technician.

Why does "Harpsichord Technician" include this kind of request (to
just "make it play"   Sure.  The only thing that would work so far
as I see it is to come up with a NEW tongue that would fit a
Sperrhake jack, complete with mortise at the right angle to make
delrin work.

Since Sperrhake stuff has the resonance of an autoharp, it seems
that this is definitely the time to go to the happy hunting
ground.

Cheers

Herb Huestis