Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:39:18 EDT
Well, lo and behold, I get back into the Philistine thread and discover we're now discussing Challis! Clearly the topic has shifted, since I don't think anyone would dare to claim that Challis was, well, you know.

Anyway, I once had the opportunity to play a Challis harpsichord owned by Andrew De Masi, complete with a pedal board and all the rest. I must say it had a compelling sound. It certainly didn't sound like the kind of harpsichord most of us would consider playing on today, but it was magnificent in its own right, which is more than I can say for other such beasts of that nature that I've encountered. Plus its pedal board made it useful for organ practice.

I can't imagine taking it to a concert, though.

Rebecca