From:
Gregory Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:23:41 -0400
I read in Lance Whitehead's dissertation on the Hass family that they usually backed their tortoise shell key coverings with either silver foil or white paint to bring out the figure in the material. Has anyone tried this with the casein faux-shell?

I also am wondering if there is any more information on a surviving single harpsichord by Zacharias Hildebrandt, as listed in Boalch. The listing is sketchy, but states that the instrument might be in Poland. Does this instrument exist? Is there more extensive literature on it?

Greg