From:
Jon-o Addleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:29:04 -0400
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:09:52AM -0400, Timothy S. Hall spake thusly:
> This instrument looked to me like a King of Sweden - anyone with greater
> experience care to offer an identification?

Is "King of Sweden" a generic sort of instrument? Or a specific
instrument that was copied? Or something else? I'm showing my
considerable ignorance of clavichords here...

Also, the description says that it's "about 25-30 years old".. have
clavichords changed a lot in that time, as far as general builders
or kits go? Certainly a 30 year old harpsichord built from a kit
would often be a rather different specimen from a more modern one
(if kits even existed back then?)

Seeing this clavichord, and listening to Bradley Lehman's mp3's
(combined with sitting in an apartment desperately wanting to play
somehat late at night!) have made me crave a harpsichord... I've
been extremely tempted to plunk down a bid on this one, using
completely non-existent money at this point...

I think I'd have to either have a lot more spare change kicking
around, or else some very good opinions, before I paid that much for
anything without trying it out first, though... Though it's hard to
pass up (what at first glance seems to be) a good deal...

--
Jon-o Addleman