From:
"D.C. Carr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:24:12 +0100
Brian Joyce schreef:

> Last time I looked in on our Univ.'s 67 Dowd single (neglected in a
> basement practice room), the bottom octave was a whole tone ABOVE 440
> and
> and the treble end was a minor third above that! It's enough to make
> you
> cry. No broken strings, though - I spoze that was in the day of
> high-tensile steel.  [...]

Greetings,
I take the liberty of quoting - edited, to protect the guilty - a recent
message about harpsichords at a prestigious east-coast institution of
higher learning:

" You should email [xxx] to find out about the fate of the two
instruments. They were in sad shape, but, the last I
knew, [xxx] had raised enough interest and funds to get Hendrik to
rejuvenate the Broekman. What happened to
the Dowd -- sadly abused as a result of being out in one of the
auditoria where, for example, the lid was broken off
the hinges -- I don't know, but [xxx] seemed to be the only advocate for
them. "

Sick transit.
Dale