From:
David Calhoun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:30:06 -0700
'Allo - So much goin on that there's no time to try to report, let
alone to do it justice.  I think I shall not waste time on last
Friday evening's event with a long-standing Italian band, the chief
virtue of which was that the fee bought lunch for a couple of friends
after a non-incidental noontime recital.  Another tale; another List.

I've been waiting for Dr.Daly to report on his visit to Seattle with
a Bright Immensity of a harpsichord for the opening of Ingrid Matthews'
season with Seattle Baroque.  That, too for another moment.

But the next pairing in Ingrid's season is the Biber cycle, which
she will share with four other violinists of her group.  And of
course Ingrid will close with the Passacaglia. November 11-12 in
the small room of Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle.  This, I may
say, I expect to be what I have lived for.  Let the unwise miss this
occasion to their sorrow.

The booklet lists the continuo team as Stephen Stubbs, his harpist
wife Maxine Eilander, and Yoav Stein on harpsichord/organ.  No one
has yet told me to what extent I may be involved with either of the
latter, but I expect to be hovering regardless.

I guess, with one player for both keyboards, they're not likely to
be heard together; I've not yet prepared the little Italian which
sit atop the Brombaugh and work its stickers.  Foolish I.

							hh