From:
Brian Joyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:20:14 -0500
What ho, Listers all! (Sorry, been watching too many Jeeves & Wooster videos.)

I'm about to take the plunge and do my first ever work with hide glue.
First task is to round up a glue pot. First hardware store I went to (one
of those large national mega-home-improvement places) had no idea what I
was talking about; the guy at the local mom-&-pop place at least knew what
one was and tried to sell me a double boiler instead. Call me crazy, but I
thought that a true glue pot has its own heating element and an adjustable
thermostat. (I don't wat to have to make endless runs to a double boiler on
the kitchen stove with my glue brush in hand!)

So my question today is multi-faceted: what sort of price range should I
expect to be in to get a useable glue pot; what, if any, features should I
look for (or look out for; and where might I find a good supplier? Any
specif brands/models you'd reccommend over others? Sounds like a mail order
item, given the luck I've had so far.

Thanks!

Brian Joyce