From:
Alan Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:34:16 -0800
At 10:18 PM 11/11/98 -0500, Brian Whaley wrote:
<snip>

>Also, according to
>Hubbard's book, Taskin's guides were covered in leather then punched
>for the jacks to ride upon.  Does anyone do this?  Where do I find
>detailed drawings of the jacks?

I don't know how much this helps, but on the Russell Collection website at
http://www.music.ed.ac.uk/russell/russ_pubs/photographs.html
they list the availability for purchase of (among others) the following
6"x8" black and white photographs taken from the 1769 Taskin instrument:

"Jacks. Front, back and side views.
Registers. Tob, bottom and side views with register position control plate."

Also, at
http://www.music.ed.ac.uk/russell/russ_pubs/drawings.html
they list technical drawings for the instrument as follows:

"Full size Technical Drawings suitable for constructing copies of the
original instruments are available as paper prints or as prints on
dimensionally-stable plastic film. Included in the price of each drawing
(unless otherwise stated) is a set of photographs showing details of the
original instrument, and data sheets giving information on woods, string
materials and other pertinent information."

--

A  l  a  n    S.    W  a  t  k  i  n  s