Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:21:53 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paula Woods" <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Choosing Teachers / Instruments.

> I was interested to read Bill's suggestion that a straightforward
> Italian-style harpsichord is a suitable choice for an elementary player:
> this is one of the possibilities that I'm considering.

Hi Paula,

The Italian...........based on the 1693 anonymous/Guisti instrument in the
Smithsonian........that Mike made me some years ago, and which I sold to a
Belgian player/student is for sale by them I see from the World Wide
Keyboard Bank. It has been for sale for some time and they are asking about
£5,000 for it but I dare say one would get it for less.

It is a nice instrument.........one of the others that Mike made at the same
time is at Glyndebourne and sounds very well in opera performances there.
You should ask Mike about it if you are seriously considering an Italian.
Still think one of the single manual Ruckers might be preferable though!

Sincerely

Chris