From:
Don Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 16:51:28 -0800
Jaime Vasquez ([log in to unmask]) asks:

> Could somebody recommend me an easy (if applicable) to intermediate
> Frescobaldi piece with a very chromatic character? I thank in
> advance any help.

The second part (of six) of the Capriccio on Fra Jacopino from the First Book
of Toccatas is a wonderfully wild and amusing chromatic piece.  It's probably
intermediate if you're careful about legato and articulation.  Some of the
other sections of this Capriccio are "chromatic" in the sense that there's
rapid alternations of accidentals and non-accidentals (as in most of the
Frescobaldi I've played through), but I'd say only the second section qualifies
as "very chromatic".

Should you want an entire piece, rather than a fragment, there's a Capriccio
Chromatico in the "Book of Capriccii(?)", but I'd rate it as more difficult.

I'm not familiar with all of Frescobaldi's kbd music - any other suggestions
out there?

Regards,
Don

Don Cameron    [log in to unmask]   | "My other car is a harpsichord."