From:
Ellsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:00:30 -0500
Scarlatti does not need a big French double but rather a big Italian double.
There were some.  Wm Dowd went on a tour of South America looking for Italian &
Spanish instruments years ago and turned up large Spanish doubles, false
inner-outer, which would have suited Scarlatti compass-wise.  I built a false
inner-outer dble 63 note for myself and my husband - we both like to play
Scarlatti.  Strung in brass; sounds great.  An excuse to do a fancy decorated
case & turned legs, nice after a diet of veneering and Biedermeyer case styles.
        Margaret